This pretty lady is Jaydy Michel; she is the stunning wife of Mexican soccer player Rafael Marquez. Her hubby is a center back and defensive midfielder for the Mexican league Atlas and the Mexico National Team. Rafa Marquez made himself known during the time he played for the Spanish league FC Barcelona.
Marquez played for seven years with Barca; before signing with the MLS team New York Red Bulls, subsequently joined the Mexican team, Leon, and Italian team Hellas Verona in 2015, and finally in 2016, returned to his beloved Mexico where he joined the Guadalajara based team Atlas, the same year in which he started his career back in 1996, before joining Monaco in 1999.
Rafa Marquez, has been happily married to Jaydy for over a decade, prior to meeting her he was married to Adriana Lavat, the Mexican actress daughter of Mexican singer Jorge Lavat and actress Chuti Rodriguez.
Marquez and Lavat initially tied the knot in December 2003, they went on having two amazing children together Rafaella and Santiago, but their marriage came to an abrupt end after rumors about Marquez getting involved with model Jaydy Michel turned out to be true. They separated and eventually divorced in 2007.
That was pretty gnarly time both the three of three. Ready to read the five interesting facts about Michel?
- Jaydy, the youngest daughter of the three children born to an American mom and Mexican dad was born in Guadalajara, Mexico on December 20, 1975; she grew up in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco.
- Michel studied journalism for two years, before deciding to get involved in modeling, although her first modeling jobs were in the U.S; her first steps in fashion came when she competed in the Miss Jalisco beauty pageant.
- Jaydy eventually moved to Europe in an effort to boost her career, which was totally worthy; modeling gigs started to land, from all over the world, however it was in Spain that she decided to settle.
- In Spain, her modeling career rose; it was there where she also met singer Alejandro Sanz, who became her husband on December 30, 1999. Together they had one daughter, Manuela born in 2001; the marriage didn’t work and divorce four years after Manuela’s birth.
- Jaydy then exchanged vows with Marquez in Manzanillo on January 4, 2011, they welcomed their son Leonardo in 2016. Michel has done some acting; but most people remember her as one of the judges in Mexico’s Next Top Model as well as Celia in the t.v series Los Serrano.
Image already added