Meet Mrs. Patricia Rooney; she is the beautiful, loving, and caring wife of Dan Rooney. Mr. Rooney former US Ambassador to Ireland and second president of the Pittsburg Steelers, passed away at the age of 87 on April 13, 2017. He is survived by his wife Patricia and their children Patricia Gerrero and Mary Duffy of Pittsburgh, and Joan Clancy of Boston; and sons Arthur Rooney and James Rooney of Pittsburgh, John Rooney of New York and Daniel Rooney of North Carolina. Mr. Rooney was preceded in death by his daughter Rita Rooney.
As noted below, Mrs. Patricia is wife if Dan who served as president of the Steelers until he was succeeded by his son Art Rooney II in 2002. No doubt you already know that and surely much more of his life and career, although what do you know about Mrs. Rooney? Therefore, check these five interesting facts about her.
- Patricia Rooney was born Patricia Reagan in 1932, in Mt. Lebanon.
- Patricia daughter of Mary Duffy Regan; has four sisters; Mary Reagan, Evelyn O’Brien, Geraldine Glenn, Rita Heberle, Joan Regan, and Irene Hill; and brothers Martin, Thomas and John.
- Her sister Mary was Art Rooney Sr.’s personal secretary. She died from a brain aneurysm in December 2008 at the age of 74.
- She married Dan Rooney, father of her nine children in 1952.
- Her daughter Rita, was 54 when she died in December, 2012.