Maria Angelica de Martino
Meet Gerardo “Tata” Martino’s Wife, Maria Angelica de Martino; her husband is the Argentinean soccer coach for serves as head coach for Mexico National Team.
Back in 2013, just days after the unfortunate exit of former manager Tito Vilanova, Barcelona appointed Gerardo Martino as their new manager. The Argentine leaves Newell Old Boys to take over the La Liga champions on a 2-year contract.
Let us say that with Martino comes a WAG, her name is Maria Angelica Martino.
“I feel identified with the style of football Barcelona play. I am an admirer of the work that Guardiola did. It’s the style I like the most. The respect for the ball, they play the ball from the back,the possession, the triangulations. The pass is the main premise of football.”
The veteran coach was born in Rosario, Argentina, and is famously known as “Tata,” a nickname many said he got while he played for the Argentine team Newell Old Boys.
Gerardo Martino Coaching Career
- Gerardo Martino started his coaching career in 1998 with Brown de Arrecifes (ARG).
- In 1999, he was appointed head coach of Platense (ARG).
- 2000, he was the head coach of Instituto (ARG).
- From 2002 to 2003, he was head coach of the Paraguayan teams Libertad and managed Cerro Porteno from 2003 to 2004.
- In 2005 managed Colon and returned to coaching Libertad in 2005.
- In 2007, Martino served as head coach for the Paraguayan National Team.
- From 2012-13, served as head coach for Newell’s Old Boys (ARG)
- From 2013 to 2014, he coached FC Barcelona (SPAIN).
- From 2014 to 2016, coached the Argentina National Team.
- From 2016 to 2018, he was the manager for Atlanta United (MLS).
- Martino was appointed manager of the Mexico National Team on January 7, 2019.
Gerardo Martino Wife
Moreover, the former attacking midfielder Gerardo Daniel Martino married beautiful Angelica Maria Martino; proud momma of the couple’s three children; two daughters, Maria Noel and Maria Celeste, and a son Gerardo Andres aka Tatita; who plays for Newell’s minor league team.
Family is really important for Martino; he is known as a man of respect and high family values, so his wife and children always come first to him.
Furthermore, his oldest daughter Maria Noel is a lawyer; Maria Celeste was born in 1991, and their son 22-year-old Gerardo Jr. is without a doubt following his father’s footsteps.
Gerardo Martino Net Worth
As of 2022, and according to Celebrity Net Worth, Gerardo Tata Martino’s net worth has been estimated at $25 million.
Gerardo Martino Contract and Salary
Gerardo Tata Martino earns an annual salary of €2.900.000 / $3,006,973.07