Tamia Hill aka Tamia is a Canadian R&B singer and songwriter, but most importantly, she is the beautiful wife of former NBA player Grant Hill, now a sports analyst for CBS Sports alongside Jim Nantz and Bill Raftery.
No doubt you all know about Tamia’s famous hubby, therefore let me tell you ten awesome facts about her.
- Tamia was born Tamia Marilyn Washington on May 9, 1975, in Windsor, Ontario, Canada.
- She started singing at the age of six at church. Later took piano and singing lessons.
- Graduated from Walkerville High School and studied at Walkerville Collegiate Institute in Windsor.
- Her first album “Tamia” was released on April 14, 1998; followed by her second album A Nu Day released two years later; her third album “More” in 2004.
- Her record label Plus One Music Group created in 2005 after she and Elektra Records parted ways.
- Released her fourth album Between Friends in 2006; six years later came her fifth album Beautiful Surprise.
- Her last album Love Life, released in August 2015 after signing a deal with Def Jam Recordings.
- Anita Baker played the role of Cupid when she introduced Tamia to Grant Hill in Detroit.
- They tied the knot on July 24, 1999.
- Together they have two beautiful and incredible daughters; Myla Grace born on January 23, 2002, and Lael Rose, born on August 9, 2007.