Denise Mara is the loving, caring and beautiful wife of John Mara, yes, uncle of actresses Kate Mara and Rooney Mara, but Mr. Mara is the president, CEO, and co-owner of the New York Giants. Therefore Mrs. Mara is the Giants’ first lady and is about her that we will talk to you about.
MAKING GOLF A SPORT FOR EVERYONE.
THE LARGEST GOLF CHAIN STORE IN THE WORLD
In five easy facts, we will tell you about Mrs. Mara’s successful husband, before we can tell you what we know about her.
- John Kevin Mara was born in New York on December 1, 1954, to Ann Mara (née Mumm) and Wellington Mara.
- He graduated in 1972 from Iona Preparatory School; in 1976 with a B.S. laude in marketing from Boston College in 1976 and a law degree in 1979 from Fordham University.
- Prior to the NFL, Mr. Mara was an attorney; he worked first at Vedder, second for Price, Kaufman, Kammholz and Day and ultimately, joined Shea & Gould.
- In 1991, became General Counsel for the New York Giants. Later served as Executive Vice President and Chief Operating.
- He became the Giants’ president in 2005, when his father passed away.
Denise Mara Bio
Mrs. Mara was born Denise F. Walter on May 12, 1954. She and John Mara are the proud parents of five children, daughters Lauren, Courtney, Christine, and Erin and their only son, John Jr.
John Jr. who is Denise’s third child chose a career in the theatre instead of sports.
Denise Mara’s daughters who are all married decided to become educators.
Christine Mara graduated with a master’s degree in education from Manhattanville College in Purchase, NY and is a kindergarten teacher at the Dalton School. She married Christopher Dodge Ward in July 2012.
Erin Kathryn Mara, 26, who like her sister holds a master’s degree in education from Manhattanville College in Purchase, is a first-grade teacher at St. Ignatius Loyola Grammar School. Erin and her husband Avery Brooks tied the knot in July 2016.
Courtney Lynn Mara now Courtney Mara Billings holds a master’s degree third-grade teacher at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School in Bethesda, Md. She received a master’s degree in education from Manhattanville College in Purchase, N.Y. works as a third-grade teacher at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School in Bethesda, Md.
Lauren Ann Mara married Steven Robert Chaput in June 2008. Lauren like her sisters holds a master’s degree in education, but not from the Manhattanville college, but from Columbia. She is a fourth-grade teacher at Convent of the Sacred Heart school in New York.