Irmarie Marquez is the pretty wife of Javier Baez, the talented Puerto Rican infielder with the Detroit Tigers. Baez played high school baseball at Arlington Country Day School prior to being drafted by the Chicago Cubs, he also played with the New York Mets.
Javier Baez Family
Irmarie’s MLB beau was born on December 1, 1992, in Bayamon, Puerto Rico to Ángel Luis Baez and Nelida Agosto, also proud parents of Rolando, Gadiel, and Noely who sadly passed away in 2015 due to complications from spina bifida.
Baez attended Arlington Country Day School where he first played as a second baseman, then as a catcher, shortstop, and eventually shifted to the centerfielder.
Javier Baez MLB Career
- He was the 9th overall pick selected in the first round of the 2011 LB Draft by the Chicago Cubs. Although he didn’t play in the MLB right away.
- He was assigned to the Arizona Cubs shortly after being drafted. He was later promoted to the Boise Hawks.
- He later played for the Peoria Chiefs and the Daytona Cubs.
- He was promoted to the Tennessee Smokies on July 6, 2013.
- He won the MiLBY Award for Best Minor League Game of the Year on October 28, 2013.
- On August 5, 2014, that he made his MLB debut against the Colorado Rockies; he hit his first home run that same day.
- He was out for the rest of the 2014 season after he sprained his left ankle on September 2, 2014.
- Baez and the Cub won the 2016 World Series on game 7 against the Cleveland Indians.
- On October 23, 2016, Javier Baez along with Jon Lester were voted NLCS Most Valuable Players.
- He represented Puerto Rico at the 2017 World Baseball Classic, winning the silver medal.
- Baez was part of the 2018 MLB All-Star Game and the Home Run Derby.
- The Cubs traded Baez to the New York Mets on July 30, 2021.
- He made his debut with the Mets against the Cincinnati Reds on July 31, 2021.
- On November 30, 2021, Javier Baez signed a multi-million deal with the Detroit Tigers.
Javier Baez Net Worth
According to Wealthy Gorilla, as of October 2021, Javier Baez’s net worth had been estimated at $10 million; however that number could change significantly following his multi-million deal with the Detroit Lions.
Javier Baez Contract & Salary
On November 30, 2021, Javier Baez signed a six-year, $140 million deal with the Detroit Lions. His annual salary could be around $23.33 million.
- In 2011, Baez signed a contract with the Cubs worth $2,625,000.
- Agreed to a one-year contract extension with the Cubs, worth $5,200,000, in 2019.
- The following year, agreed to another one with the Cubs for $10 million.
- He signed a one year, $11,450,645 with Chicago.
Javier Baez Wife
Javier Baez and his wife Irmarie Marquez dated for over five years before they got marriedon January 26, 2018, in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
27-year-old Ms. Marquez was born in Bayamon, Puerto Rico, one of the daughters born to Roberto Márquez Marrero and Julia Ortiz. Her full name is Irmarie Julitza Marquez, she has one sister Jannieliz Márquez, who is married to Jose Berrios aka La Makina, a pitcher currently playing for the Toronto Blue Jays.
This lovely girl with the incredible smile met Javier Baez when she was 13, while they attended middle school in Puerto Rico.
They saw each other again in 2013 when Javier spent some time in Puerto Rico, there were sparks everywhere and to keep it short they started dating right after that.
Long-distance relationship? No way!! Next thing you know Irmarie moved in with him in Chicago. Moving was not a big deal, although there was just one tiny problem, she hardly spoke English.
Nothing some classes couldn’t fix, she still struggles, slowly but surely she is getting there.
Irmarie Marquez, was received with open arms by the other Chicago Cubs WAGs. Cubs Wags (Irmanie included) brought toys, diapers, and other supplies for the children at The Maryville Center for Children in Chicago.
The lovely couple announced they were expecting their first child, a son together in January 2018; subsequently, in April, Baez announced he proposed and she said yes!
Irmarie and Javier welcomed their first son together, Adrián Javier Báez Márquez on July 28, 2018.
Irmarie and Javier Baez welcomed their second son, Aiden Javier on December 22, 2020.
Follow her on Twitter here
Image already added