Sammy Toa Schuster
Meet Mrs. Sammy Schuster, the beautiful and fantastic mother of NFL player JuJu Smith-Schuster. Her 6’1″ wide receiver is currently playing with the Kansas City Chiefs. Juju Smith Schuster previously played for the Pittsburgh Steelers and college football for the Trojans at the University of Southern California.
JuJu Smith-Schuster College
Juju was born John Sherman Smith on November 22, 1996, in Long Beach, California; he attended Long Beach Polytechnic High School, where he played safety and wide receiver.
Around that same time, Juju played with Snoop Dogg’s football league Snoop Youth Football League; the famous rapper who coached him nicknamed him Sportscenter.
He subsequently attended the University of Southern California; initially, Juju decided he would attend Oregon.
During the 2014 season, Juju Smith Schuster recorded 54 receptions for 724 yards and five touchdowns in 13 games. He recorded 89 receptions for 1,454 yards and ten touchdowns in 14 games, all starts during the 2015 season and 70 receptions for 914 yards and ten touchdowns in 13 games during his last season with the Trojans.
JuJu Smith-Schuster NFL Career
- April 28, 2017: The Pittsburgh Steelers selected Juju Smith Schuster in the second round (62nd overall) during the 2017 NFL draft.
- May 17, 2017: Juju signed a four-year, $4.19 million contract with the Steelers.
- Aug 11, 2017: He sustained a Head Cranial Concussion.
- September 10, 2017: He made his debut with the Steelers against the Cleveland Browns
- November 1, 2017: He was named AF Offensive Player of the Week.
- November 16, 2017: He missed Week 12 after suffering a thigh hamstring sprain
- January 3, 2018: He was named AFC Special Teams Player of the Week.
- November 14, 2019: He suffered a concussion and a left knee injury during Week 11 against the Cleveland Browns.
- November 22, 2020: Juju Smith-Schuster suffered a foot injury during Week 11 against the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- March 19, 2021: He signed a one-year, $8 million contract with the Steelers.
- September 26, 2021: He suffered a rib injury in Week 3 against the Cincinnati Bengals.
- October 10, 2021: Juju sustained a right shoulder injury during Week 5 against the Denver Broncos.
- March 18, 2022: Smith Schuster signed a one-year,$3.76 million contract with the Kansas City Chiefs.
- August 16, 2022: He suffered a bruised knee.
- October 16, 2022: Juju recorded his first touchdown playing as Chief against the VBuffalo Bills.
- November 13, 2022: He suffered a cranial concussion against the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- January 29, 2023: Juju Smith Schuster suffered a knee injury against the Buffalo Bills.
JuJu Smith-Schuster Contract and Salary
On March 18, 2022, Juju Smith Schuster signed a one-year, $3.76 million contract with the Kansas City Chiefs. The deal included a $1,455,000 signing bonus, a 2,490,000 guarantee and an annual salary of $3.76 million.
JuJu Smith-Schuster Stepfather, Lawrence Schuster
In the summer of 2015, Juju changed his last name from Smith to Smith-Schuster in honor of his stepfather Lawrence Schuster, who has been like his biological father and his hero.
He gifted him with a car in September 2019.
JuJu Smith Schuster Mother
Sammy Toa Schuster separated from Juju’s dad Lee Smith when he and his older sister So’omalo Smith (now 25 years old), where children; she met her husband, Lawrence when Juju was four.
They dated for a while and tied the knot in 2000.
Their Mother/son relationship is also a relationship between two best friends.
“We have a close relationship,” said Sammy. “I want to say I am like that with all of my kids, it’s just a different relationship with each of them. We are very close. He is very open and honest with me, which sometimes I like and sometimes I don’t. Sometimes he gives me too much information. That is the innocence in him. That is something I cherish now because I know once he gets a little bit older, I don’t know if it’s ever going to go away. I don’t want it to go away.
“That has been our relationship. He has been very open and honest. Even if he is going to do something bad, I know it before he does it. He tells me before he does it. He has been that way his entire life.
“She is the person I can always go to, talk to about personal stuff on and off the field,” said JuJu. “She has always been the heart of our family. I try not to use her too much now because she has the other kids back home who are a lot younger and need that attention.
44-year-old Sammy Princess Toa Schuster was born on October 19, 1976. She graduated in 1995 from Compton High School.
She is a secretary and treasurer at Juju’s foundation, The Juju Foundation, which he established in 2019.
Furthermore, follow Sammy Toa Schuster on Instagram here.
JuJu Smith-Schuster SiblingsSammy Toa Schuster and her husband welcomed five children, Lawson, 15, Oilau, 13, Salaia, 12, and Tuila, 8, named after Sammy’s mom, Teuila Fa’atoalia Toa, who died on February 29, 2012.
JuJu Smith-Schuster Girlfriend
According to several outlets, Juju Smith Schuster is dating Alessandra Gesiotto. She was identified thanks to her stories on Instagram, where she posed with Juju on her birthday, Side Action reported the screengrab.
24-year-old Alessandra Gesiotto was born Alessandra Lynn Gesiotto on July 26, 1998. She is one of the children born to Sherri and James Gesiotto, also proud parents to their other children, James and Madison.
Alessandra Gesiotto, graduated in 2017 from Jackson High School and in 2021 from Pepperdine University. She is currently the head of marketing at the Non Fungible Times in New York.
Before that, she was a marketing intern at Seven Hills Country Club, Pepperdine Senior Senator at Pepperdine University. From 2019 to 2020, she was an actress at Awesomeness and briefly served as an event coordinator at TEDxPepperdine University.
Ms. Gesiotto was a teen ambassador at Love, Andrew Autism Foundation and served as an entertainment reporter for Good Morning Malibu. You can find Alessandra Gesiotto on Instagram here.