Meet Jeena Ristic; she is the stunning wife of Serbian tennis player Novak Djokovic. The lovely couple met in high school, dated for a decade before getting married in 2014. Jelena and Novak have since welcomed two adorable children.
Novak Djokovic Net Worth
As of July 2021, Novak Djokovic’s net worth has been estimated at $220 million.
- Novak earned $12 million from his wins in 2011.
- Earned around $8 million a year from his deal with Uniqlo, a five-year partnership he agreed to in 2012.
- Later on, started endorsement deals with Seiko and Mercedes Benz.
- In 2017, joined Lacoste after his deal with Uniqlo ended.
- It’s been estimated that he earned $24 million between 2017 and 2018, from his wins and endorsements.
- Between 2018 and 2019, earned $50 million.
- Added $45 million in 2019 and 2020.
- Won around $133 million after Wimbledon in 2019.
- According to Forbes, Djokovic earns around $30 million in endorsements deals alone, Head, Peugeot, Asics, and Lacoste, with whom he extended their partnership until 2025.
Novak Djokovic US Open
- The story between Novak Djokovic and US Open started in 2003 while playing in junior, a 16-year-old Novak played at the US Open. The 2004 US Open was Novak Djokovic’s first appearance since he turned pro in 2003; Novak was eliminated by Fernando Verdasco in the third round. During the 2006 US Open Djokovic along with Andy Murray were seeded.
- During the 2006 US Open, Novak defeated Mardy Fish in the second round but lost to Lleyton Hewitt in straight sets in the third round; in doubles that same year, Novak and Jimmy Wang were eliminated in the first round by Swedish duo Robert Lindstedt and Thomas Johansson.
- The following year, Novak reached his first US Open final against Roger Federer, who won the title, in five sets 7–6(7–4), 7–6(7–2), 6–4.
“I think straight sets was a bit brutal for Novak, to be honest,” said Federer. “He deserved better than that. He’s had a fantastic run, not only this tournament but the entire year. I told him at the net ‘keep it up.’ We’re going to have many more battles I think.”
“It’s been an amazing two weeks, an amazing experience for me and finally I got to my first Grand Slam final. I’d like to congratulate Roger, once again he has shown that he is the best and he deserved to win today. He was the better player.”
- During the 2008 US Open, Djokovic was once again defeated by Federer in the semifinals, 3-6, 7-5, 5-7, 2-6. History repeated itself at the 2009 US Open when Federer eliminated Novak in the semifinals.
- Novak reached the finals at the 2010 US Open, after he defeated Roger Federer in five sets, but lost to Rafa Nadal, 6-4, 5-7, 6-4, 6-2. Djokovic won his first US Open in 2011, when he faced Nadal once again, Nole won the title in four sets, 6–2, 6–4, 6–7(3–7), 6–1.
- During the 2012 US Open, Novak reached the finals but lost the title to Andy Murray,7–6(12–10), 7–5, 2–6, 3–6, 6–2. Novak went reaching the US Open finals in 2013, lost to Nadal (6–2, 3–6, 6–4, 6–1), reached the seminals in 2014 when he was eliminated by Kei Nishikori.
- Novak won his second US Open in 2015, against Roger Federer (6–4, 5–7, 6–4, 6–4). Lost the title to Stan Wawrinka (6–7(1–7), 6–4, 7–5, 6–3), at the 2016 US Open. He withdrew from the 2017 US Open due to an elbow injury, that also forced him to retire from Wimbledon against Tomas Berdych and ultimately left him out for the rest of the2017 season, Novak underwent surgery on his elbow in January 2018.
“I’ve been carrying this injury for the past two years, and during this time I’ve been seeing many doctors,” said Djokovic, who before last month had not competed since losing at Wimbledon last year. I took six months off last season hoping to come back fully recovered, but unfortunately, I still felt pain,” he said.
Novak Djokovic Wife
Novak Djokovic dated his wife Jelena for several years before they finally tied the knot nine years later. Novak and Jelena started dating in 2005 and reportedly met two years before through mutual friends in Serbia, according to the Wide World of Sports.
“Jelena is the love of my life. We have been together for a few years and her honesty is what I love about her and what keeps us happy and in love,” Djokovic said on a television show on NBC.
Jelena Ristic/Jelena Djokovic Biography
Jelena Ristic now Jelena Djokovic was born on June 17, 1986, in Belgrade, Serbia, to Vera and Miommir Ristic. She studied economics at the prestigious Bocconi University in Milan, Italy. Ristic seems to be Djokovic’s biggest fan, attending all of his games, you can’t miss her In a video clip for the ATP World Tour, Jelena Ristic was photographed with Djokovic and made a pause to comment on her boyfriend’s success.
“I’m really proud. It’s his dream to be so successful and I’m really happy for him that he managed to, you know, accomplish at least part of his dream,” Ristic said. “Hopefully I’ll be there to help him and to see him achieving the biggest one, the top.”
Jelena Ristic is director of Novak Djokovic Foundation. She said that her ultimate goal is to give the kids of the foundation wings to follow their dreams. It seems that this girl is very important in the player’s life and is very noble and humanitarian as well.
Jelena has a sister, Marija Ristic, who graduated with a degree in political science and international relations from Augustana College and a Master of Business Administration from Lincoln University.
Marija currently serves as head of communication at the Novak Djokovic Foundation; before that, she was a management consultant at ECO Global, she also worked as a credit analyst at Banca Intesa, in Belgrade, Serbia
Novak Djokovic Wedding & Children
Novak and Jelena finally exchanged vows first on July 10, 2014, in Montenegro and later on July 12, 2012, in the Church of Saint Stephen.
In April Novak announced Jelena was pregnant, he thanked her and talked about becoming a father when he defeated Roger Federer at Wimbledon.
Jelena gave birth to their son Stefan, on October 21, 2014; and to their daughter Tara on September 2, 2017. They live in Monte Carlo.
Jelena Djokovic Instagram
The lovely Jelena Djokovic has over 564 k followers on Instagram. Jelena keeps her followers informed about all that is happening in the Novak Djokovic Foundation in her life at home with Novak and their children, plus from time to time, she posts old photos when she and Djokovic were dating and some childhood pics too.
Image already added