Denyse Maxey is the beautiful mother of NBA player Tyrese Maxey, the gifted 6’2 shooting guard currently signed by the Philadelphia 76ers under head coach Doc Rivers. Maxry previously played college basketball for the Kentucky Wildcats at the University of Kentucky under head coach John Calipari.
Tyrese Maxey College
Tyrese Maxey played at South Garland High School before he committed to play at Kentucky over offers from Southern Methodist University, the University of California, and Michigan State.
Freshman Year (2019-20): in 31 games (28 starts) Tyrese Maxey averaged 14.0 points per game, 4.3 rebounds, 3.2 assists. He was also named:
- All-SEC Second Team
- NCAA Division I National Player of the Week
- SEC All-Freshman Team
- Southeastern Conference (SEC) Freshman of the Week
- United States Basketball Writers Association Wayman Tisdale Freshman of the Week.
Tyrese Maxey NBA Career
- November 18, 2020: The Philadelphia 76ers drafted Tyrese Maxey in the first round, 21st overall in the 2020 NBA draft.
- December 3, 2020: He signed his rookie-level contract with Philadelphia.
- December 23, 2020: Maxey debuted with the Philadelphia 76ers against the Washington Wizards.
- January 9, 2021: Tyrese made his first NBA start against the Denver Nuggets.
- October 29, 2021: The Philadelphia 76ers exercised a $2.73 million option for the 2022-23 season.
- February 18, 2022: Tyrese Maxey was named to the 2022 NBA Rising Stars Challenge.
- October 30, 2022: The 76ers exercised a $4.34 million option for the 2023-24 season.
Tyrese Maxey Contract and Salary
On December 3, 2020, Tyrese Maxey signed a four-year, $12.1 million contract with the Philadelphia 76ers. The deal included a $5,081,760 guarantee and an annual salary of $3,038,140.
Tyrese Maxey Girlfriend
Several sites reported Tyrese Maxey and ther lovely Lavender Brigg are dating; other claimed they used to date but that he is single at the moment, so which ever the truth is, allow us to tell you a few things about Tyrese Maxey’s rumored girlfriend or ex-girlfriend.
6’1 Lavender Briggs is a Maryland Terrapins women’s basketball team guard. She was born on June 23, 2002, in Newburgh, New York, where she lived until she was seven, when they relocated to Provo, Utah. Lavender has two brothers, Darrian and Stefan Briggs.
Lavender attended Provo High School before she played college basketballfoir the Florida Gators for her freshman, sophomore and junior year. She transferred to Maryland after her junior year.
Tyrese Maxey Family
Tyrese Maxey was born on November 4, 2000, in Dallas, Texas. He is one of three children born to Tyrone Maxey and his lovely wife Denyse Maxey. In addition to Tyrese, Mr. and Mrs. Maxey are proud parents to their three daughters Denasia, Talia and Keiara Maxey.
Tyrese Maxey Father
Tyrese Maxey’s father Tyrone Maxey (b. Dec. 1969) played college basketball under Head Coach Kelvin Sampson at Washington State, from where he graduated in 1992 with a bachelor’s degree in social science. Before Washington Stae Tyrone Maxey played at South Plains College.
Mr. Maxey was a high school basketball coach for over 17 years in Dallas; coached at Thomas Jefferson High, A. Maceo Smith high School, Skyline High School, and Bryan Adams High before serving as Director of Player Development at Southern Methodist University.
Tyrese Maxey Mother
Tyrese Maxey’s beautiful mother, Denyse Maxey was born on Denyse Lasalle on June 03, 1972. Denyse Maxey graduated from Sam Houston State University and is a community development manager at HCSC BlueCross BlueShield in Garland, Texas.
Denyse and her husband Tyrone Maxey, have been married since June 14, 2002.