Leticia Padilha is the wife of Brazilian goalkeeper Danilo Padilha. The 31-year-old goalkeeper for Brazilian team Chapecoense, died a day after being pulled from a plane crash in the Colombia mountains on November 28, 2016.
The crash occurred in the mountains outside the Colombian city of Medellin, killing 75 people after the Avro RJ85 plane smashed into a hill and broke in two as reports emerged that the pilot had circled around before crash landing in a desperate bid to burn off fuel.
RELATED STORY: Rosangela Santana Cleber Santana’s Wife
Danilo posed for selfies alongside teammate Alan Ruschel just minutes before the crash. Both Ruschel and Danilo were pulled alive from the crash, the latter sadly succumbed to his injuries and day during surgery the following day, while Alan suffered head injuries, a broken hip and remains in stable condition.
RELATED STORY: Graziele Alves Chapecoense Tiaginho’s Wife
81 people were onboard the LaMia Airlines flight 2933, comprising 72 passengers, which included the 20 members of the team, 21 journalists, and a 9 crew members. The survivors were soccer players, Jakson Follmann, Hélio Hermito Zampier Neto and Alan in addition to journalist Rafael Henzel and crew members Ximena Suárez and Erwin Tumiri.
Danilo Padilha bio
First thing you need to know, is that Leticia Padilha’s husband known simply as Danilo was born on July 31, 1985 in Cianorte, Parana. He started his career with the local team Cianorte in 2004.
Then two years later he was send on a loan to Engenheiro Beltrao before joining Nacional-PR in 2008.
- Danilo played with Paranaval in 2009
- Operario Ferroviario also in 2009.
- In 2010, signed with Arapongas.
- First joined Londrina in 2011.
- Next in 2013, he joined Chapecoense on a loan.
- Subsequently joined the Chapecó team in January, 2014.
Not much is out there about Danilo Padilha’s wife. Here is what we know.
- Her name is Letícia Padilha, born in Arapongas.
- They have one son, two-year-old Lorenzo born May 25, 2014.
- Leticia Padilha lives in Chapeco.
- Leticia received a phone call from Danilo from his hospital bed before he died.
More photos below.