Gunnar Henderson Girlfriend
Meet Gunnar Henderson girlfriend, Katherine Lee Bishop! Gunnar Henderson is the shortstop and third baseman currently playing for the Baltimore Orioles. Before being drafted by Baltimore, Gunnar played college baseball at Auburn University.
Gunnar Henderson Family
Gunnar Henderson was born on June 29, 2001, in Montgomery, Alabama; he is one of three sons born to Allen and Kerry Henderson (nee. Etheridge), his brothers are Jackson and Cade.
Jackson Henderson, Gunnar’s oldest brother, graduated in 2016 from the Morgan Academy; he holds a science degree from LBW Community College and a degree in applied math and actuarial science from Auburn University, where he also played college baseball.
Jackson made his debut at Auburn, appearing in four games where he served as a pinch runner, pinch hitter, and outfield defensive replacement. His debut saw him score a run against Georgia Southern and he continued in the pinch-running role in subsequent games. His first plate appearance came against Alabama A&M and he also had a chance to bat against Georgia Tech. Prior to Auburn, he played two seasons at Lurleen B. Wallace Community College under Steve Helms. In his freshman year, he had an impressive .356 batting average in 31 games. His sophomore year saw him play in 49 games with a .242 batting average, producing eight doubles, one home run, and 14 RBIs. He also had a perfect stolen base record, stealing 8 out of 8 bases.
Jackson Henderson didn’t pursue a career in baseball, but rather got a job at Alfa Insurance as a junior portfolio manager.
15-year-old Cade Henderson, like his older brothers, plays baseball; Cade attends Morgan Academy High School.
Gunnar Henderson College Career
Henderson was an athlete at John T. Morgan Academy, where he excelled in both basketball and baseball. During his sophomore year, he pledged to play college baseball at Auburn University. In his final year, 2019, he earned the title of Alabama Player of the Year due to his outstanding performance, with a batting average of .559, 17 doubles, nine triples, 11 home runs, scoring 69 runs and driving in 75 runs, while also stealing 32 bases.
In addition to his baseball accolades, Henderson shone on the basketball court, earning the Alabama Independent School Association Player of the Year award after averaging 17 points and 11 rebounds per game.
Gunnar Henderson MLB Career
- In 2019, the Baltimore Orioles selected Henderson in the second round of the Major League Baseball draft with the 42nd overall pick. He signed with the team for a $2.3 million bonus and was assigned to the rookie-level Gulf Coast League Orioles. He ended his first pro season with a .259 average, one home run, and 11 RBIs.
- The 2020 minor league season was canceled due to COVID-19. However, Henderson joined the Orioles’ alternate training site midway through the Major League season and participated in the team’s fall Instructional League. Going into 2021, he was named the best overall athlete in the Orioles’ minor league system.
- Henderson started the 2021 season with the Low-A Delmarva Shorebirds and earned promotions to the High-A Aberdeen IronBirds and the Double-A Bowie Baysox during the year. Across 105 games with all three teams, he recorded a .258/.350/.476 slash line with 17 home runs, 74 RBIs, 28 doubles, and 16 stolen bases.
- He began the 2022 season at Bowie and entered as a consensus top-100 prospect across baseball. After batting .312/.452/.573 in 157 at-bats with eight home runs, 35 RBIs, and 41 runs scored in 47 games, he was promoted to the Triple-A Norfolk Tides. On June 28, the day before his 21st birthday, he hit for the cycle in a win over the Gwinnett Stripers. He represented the Orioles at the 2022 All-Star Futures Game.
- The Orioles promoted Henderson to the active roster on August 31, 2022. He made the starting lineup that day against the Cleveland Guardians, where he got his first major league hit, a home run off Triston McKenzie. He ended 2022 with a .259 average, four home runs, and 18 RBIs in 34 games. He was named the 2022 Baseball America Minor League Player of the Year after hitting .297 with 19 home runs, 76 RBI, and 22 stolen bases in 112 games between Bowie and Norfolk.
- On June 11, 2023, Henderson hit a 462-foot home run against the Kansas City Royals, setting a record for the farthest hit onto Eutaw Street in Camden Yards’ 31-year history. He had two four-hit games in his rookie season, including a July 6 victory over the New York Yankees when he had two homers and five RBI within the first four innings. The other was an August 20 win over the Athletics, where he was one hit away from becoming the first Orioles rookie to hit for the cycle.
Gunnar Henderson Contract
On March 1, 2023, Gunnar Henderson signed a one-year, $723, 200 contract extension with the Baltimore Orioles.
He initially signed a $2.3 million signing bonus, on June 26, 2019.
Gunnar Henderson Girlfriend
Gunnar Henderson met his pretty girlfriend Katherine Lee Bishop, while they attended Auburn University; they started dating in October 2019.
Katherine Lee Bishop
Katherine Lee Bishop was born in Thomasville, Alabama on December 19, 1999. She is pursuing a degree at Auburn University Harrison College of .
Gunnar Henderson’s girlfriend is a intern at PA Logic Solutions in Auburn, Alabama. Before that, she did internships at Publix and Walgreens.